Saturday, June 13, 2009

So, I'm drunk alone, on a Saturday night

And here we go - don't give me a hard time because I probably won't remember writing any of this anyway.

Apparently, I've had only one reader in the past few weeks - so thanks bro. But I know Rome wasn't built in a day, and I'm not fucking building Rome here - all I want is to have my opinions critiqued and new music introduced. Since I know who you are, I can call you a dick, but I won't go down that road stoch. Still, I sent this out to hundreds of people, and nothing.

*****************************************************************

My only request thus far is to listen to Fleet Foxes - and I've done so. Not really confident I am about this one this early. I really need to soak in an album, but I'm not sure this one is for me. At first listen, it really reminds me of MMJ's 'It Still Moves', but maybe I'm a little hesitant because of the booze in my system. It's that alt country feel (which I like) and that upbeat mood than many of their other older albums had, but it sounds like MMJ, Drive by Truckers (maybe that's a stretch), or even Margot. Ugh, that's the problem, I'm comparing them to other bands way too much. I don't feel like there's too much new inspirational stuff going on here. Bry - this sounds like what we 'try' to play in my basement, but no offense, we suck. This may be one of those bands I through Jolly Ranchers at - or pass out as I'm trying to make my way to the bathroom.



Again, I enjoy the songwriting, but they're just too much like other bands I dig. I'd like to see them live, and I think they're coming to Denver in July - So, I'm down with that. Who else is in?

So, given that I haven't seen how this translates live, I'll be very interested and willing. You know I'm always up for a show.

********************************************************

On another front, I'd like to get something that's a little heavier. I'm in desperate need for a new QOTSA or SOAD album, so give me something heavy. You know, not anything with 'death' voices, but something with grit, vocals, and a good bassist. Come on, there's got to be something out there.

love,
k

1 comment:

Savage Henry said...

Hey mang -
I know you're a little banged up. No better time than now for another blog entry! Crank it up, fucker!
Here's a suggestion: Listen to "No one's first, and you're next" and report your findings. The intertubes await with baited breath.